Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Weight Loss Results: Week 39




 • FOOD •
I tried zoodles - shredded zucchini taking the place of noodles on you dinner plate.
I gotta say, they weren't bad. I didn't even miss the noodles. Although, in one dish they seemed to add a bit too much water. I have to figure out a way to get most of the water out before cooking them.

The first two weeks the kids were in school I wasn't prepared to eat well myself. I stay in town on the days I take them, which meant I was eating out a lot. The third week I tried something new. On Sunday I prepared 5 salads, all ready to take with me when I needed them. Even if my hubby takes the kids to school, it was still nice to have a healthy lunch all ready when I got hungry. This is working out great & I don't even miss eating out.


 • EXERCISE •
It's kind of small, but the little box above the 10,000 steps badge says I've earned that badge 100 times.  I walked or ran at least 10,000 steps for 100 days straight! This was a goal I made for myself & completed it!

I posted this pic on instagram not long after taking the 10,000th step on my 100th day.

With the kids being in school, I've been able to get outside more & run. I used to be lucky to get one run a month done outside, this month I ran 8 times. Woo hoo!

Running outside more often has improved my speed. In the pic above it shows that my average pace was 12:30/mile for the month of September. My goal is to run 12:00 miles. One day I did it & posted this pic on instagram! I even ran for 4 miles & kept up the pace. That is really good for me.

The Nike+ app awarded me the bronze trophy for running 15 miles in September. I think I was really close to the silver trophy. Oh well. Better luck this month!


 • RESULTS •
I almost can't believe it. That is a big drop for me in 3 weeks. Yay!

This morning the My Fitness Pal ticker shows that I've lost 26 pounds! 26 pounds!

Just as exciting as watching the scale go down is seeing my bmi go down. When I started this journey in January I was in the obese category. My goal was to get out of obese & get into overweight. I've done it & am slowly inching my way towards normal. I don't know if I'll ever make it to the normal category. But the closer I get, the better.


Weight Loss
Week 1: Starting Weight
Week 3: -5.2
Week 6: -3.4
Week 9:  -0.4
Week 12: -2.0
Week 15: -4.8
Week 18: -0.6
Week 21: -0.8
Week 24: +0.4
Week 27: -1.8
Week 30: -0.2
Week 33: -1.2
Week 36: -1.6
Week 39: -4.4
Total: -26 pounds


 • NEW CHALLENGES • 
I need to come up with a new challenge now that I finished the 10k steps for 100 days. But, for this week I'm taking a breather (not from running, just from wearing the fitbit) and thinking about what I'd like the new goal to be.

Meanwhile, I have taken on 2 other challenges.
 
I've taken a challenge that is truly challenging for me. I joined the Meltdown Challenge. It's similar to a diet bet in that I paid $20. I get money back if I lose the weight. I lose the $20 if I don't lose the weight.

The challenge I accepted was to lose 6% of my body weight in 6 weeks. For me that was almost 11 pounds or nearly 2 pounds a week. I have never ever been able to lose 2 pounds a week. But, I was beginning to slow down on my progress & needed something to motivate me to keep going.

My ultimate goal is to lose a total of 33 pounds by the first of the year. At the rate I was going that may not have happened. So, I went for the challenge. If I succeed in the challenge that will put me at almost exactly 33 pounds lost. If I don't succeed I will still be that much closer to that goal.

As part of the Meltdown Challenge, I also got a health coach for the 6 weeks. My health coach is a woman from church who has lost 80 pounds and kept it off. That's inspiring. She told me to start a journal and keep track of my thoughts and goals. Well I'm not going to keep a daily journal, but I did make a vision board - ok it's a vision paper. I just used regular copy paper.

There is the reminder to Eat Clean. There is the goal of a constant 12:00 mile. There is a pic of my running goal - a Tinkerbell half marathon medal. I also added pics of me: in Jan 2014, now, January 2009 & an ultimate challenge photo of me in 2007.

I added the pic of me in 2007 because this is the first time I have thought it possible to get back to that weight. A year ago I never even allowed myself to dream to be that size again. That was after having 2 kids, so I wasn't my thinnest. But, it wasn't after my 3rd child when I became my largest. It's a doable weight, if I want it bad enough.

Way back in January part of my original goals was to be able to do 5 push ups. I never even tried one. This month's challenge at Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans is a 31 day push up challenge. I'm gonna go for it.

It's been a good month physical & health wise. I hope I can keep it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...