Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 Days in Oregon: Cullen House



• thirty-one day challenge •
{DAY 2}
Portland Area

Years after reading the Twilight saga, it's still the only vampire or werewolf books I've read. I admit, I like to read the popular series in part just to see for myself what all the hype is about.

I loved the Twilight books. They were definitely books I had a hard time putting down. The movies, as often happens, were not quite as good as the books. But, I did enjoy them.

It doesn't seem to be widely known information in my community, but the house that was used as the Cullen residence in the first movie is right here in Portland.

So, I went to see it for myself.

The house the Cullen's resided in is in an older, yet hip, part of NW Portland. It's a very charming area with many old houses, streets that are too narrow for my comfort level & is within walking distance to the popular Pearl District.

Yet, it's also located in the West Hills, not far from Pittock Mansion. The house is surrounded by a beautiful woodland area with trees including Douglas Fir, and my favorite, the Western Red Cedar. Seems fitting for a vampire family.

The house is at 3333 NW Quimby, Portland, OR. I drove right to it using Google maps. I parked at the bottom of the driveway & walked up. It was a weird feeling walking up to someone's house I don't know with a camera in hand. I took a few quick pics & moved on. I would have liked to ooh & aah more, but didn't.

Walking up the driveway, this was my first glimpse of the house.

So modern with all those straight lines.

The house was completed in 2007. To read more about the house itself, click here.

This is as far up the driveway as I dared to go. But, I did get a good look at the majority of the house. It's quite amazing. Definitely not a typical house.


To see what others are sharing for the month of October check out write31days.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...