Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone


Photo from Instagram @jenbird03
Years ago I read the Harry Potter series & loved them, of course. I have also seen the movies, but my kids had not. I was hoping they could read the books before seeing the movies, like I did. So, the last few weeks of summer I read them the first book in the series, Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone. They loved it... almost too much. It took us twice as long to get through the book than it probably could have because they had lots of questions, comments & guesses about what was going to happen next... although, they never did guess who ended up being the bad guy.

After finishing the book we watched the movie & I surprised them with Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans. There were many squinty eyes, puckery lips & "yucks" as they tasted flavors such as pepper, grass and soap.


It was a fun way to end the summer & they can't wait to read the 2nd book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...