Friday, September 12, 2014

Chihuly Garden and Glass




Capt. N & I visited the Chihuly Garden & Glass while in Seattle. It's located right at the base of the Space Needle and is absolutely amazing. These photos don't even come close to capturing how jaw-droppinginly beautiful his art really is.


Glass Forest
Glass pieces illuminated with neon & argon


Northwest Room
Inspiration from Native American blankets



SO freaking cool.


Sealife Room
15' Sealife Tower



 Persian Ceiling
Looking up

The reflections were just as great.


Mille Fiori
Italian for "a thousand flowers"




Ikebana & Float Boats
Close up of the boat filled with Chihuly's Ikebana pieces. I can't even tell you how fabulous the two boats were filled with so much color and life.


Chandeliers





Macchia Forest



Glasshouse & Glasshouse Sculpture
Separating the interior exhibits from the outdoor garden is a beautifully designed glasshouse displaying one giagantic Persian piece. From the glasshouse you catch a peek of the Space Needle.


The Garden
I posted about The Garden on my Farm Blog, so check it out if you're interested in seeing even more eye candy.

Let me add, just in case this pertains to you, my 11 year old son was bored here. He admitted it was pretty. But, I gawked all the way through the exhibition hall once, then took a few strolls around the garden, then doubled back through the hall just so I could see it again, then back out & and one more final time around the garden. Looking at pretty stuff just didn't hold his interest. But, I loved it... a lot.



It's not the cheapest place to visit in the city, but it's so worth it. My color palette was on overload the entire time & I left there feeling fabulous & inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...