Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Weight Loss Results Week 30



Summer is in full swing and watching what I eat hasn't been the focus of my days. I've only logged my calorie intake twice since my last check-in.

The last three weeks have been busy with all the normal tasks of toting kids to activities, pulling weeds in the garden, feeding chickens, trimming goat hooves & trying (unsuccessfully) to clean the house, as well as special summer outings. Ever since I was a kid, I've gone to central Oregon for a family reunion. Typically we camp. But, I didn't this year. Instead, I drove my 95 year old grandpa there for the day. We spent 7 hours in the car that day. But, it was worth it. I even managed to get in 10,000 steps. The next weekend I drove to Washington with my mom, daughter & aunt for a wedding. We were there 3 days & had a fabulous time! However, I didn't eat as well as I should have. This past week was spent at fair. Mr. T was showing a chicken, which meant day after day of barn duty. 13 hours a day at fair means I ate crappy fair food. Although, it also means I got a lot of walking in. It was no problem getting in the 10,000 steps those days.

These are the times when having good eating habits probably helps, a lot. I apparently don't have those habits yet since my go-to foods were neither an apple or a carrot.


 • FOOD •
Well, I know I could have ate better these last 3 weeks. But, I did have a salad last night for dinner at Subway... then came home and ate a large bowl of popcorn with probably too much butter and salt...

Family reunion potluck

I don't drink often, but I do enjoy a good drink once in awhile. Mojito by the bay with good company & truly I could care less how many calories were in it.

The wedding couple met at a pizza place, so they served pizza at their wedding. Of course, I ate it. And, a tiny bit of salad, too.

It seems like we ate dang near everything the fair had for food. We had curly fries, pizza, fried ravioli, corn dogs, nachos, corn on the cob, yakisoba noodles, street tacos, cotton candy, ice cream, lemonade, hawaiian ice & probably more. This, by far, was the most fair food I've ever eaten or fed my children. But, we were there a crazy amount of hours. It really wasn't even all that good. Well, the fried ravioli & corn on the cob were good.



 • EXERCISE •
I've kept active these last few weeks, but I have not done anything hard core. I've run on the elliptical, I've gone swimming, I've danced, the kids, hubby & I went for a great hike near our house one evening & I've gotten in 10,000+ steps every day. I know if I want better results I need to change up my routine & probably add in weights... but, I'm just not motivated to add those changes yet.

After today, I will have walked 10,000 steps for 42 days straight.
Giving myself the 100 day goal for 10,000 steps has definitely made me more aware of needing to get up and move. For instance, last night while Mr. T was at taekwondo Princess K, my niece & I decided to go to Subway. Normally I would have driven. Instead I told the girls we were going to walk. I don't know how far it was, but it took us 20 minutes to get there. And, it was 90° outside. The old me would have never voluntarily walked 20 minutes to eat dinner, then walk 20 minutes back on such a hot day. But, I knew if I didn't go for that walk I'd have to figure out how to get those steps in once I got home. I didn't want to walk once I got home.

For the first time, I wore my fitbit in a pool. It logged a few steps and still works just fine. I guess it truly is waterproof.

A couple weeks ago I earned my 250 total miles stepped from fitbit.


 • RESULTS •
The result from not eating as well as I should have, but still getting 10,000 steps a day (even when I didn't want to) has basically worked out to staying steady. I've fluctuated a bit, as I usually do, but today's official weight is 0.2 pounds less than 3 weeks ago. I'll take it.
Weight graph on my fitbit log

Weight Loss
Week 1: Starting Weight
Week 3: -5.2
Week 6: -3.4
Week 9:  -0.4
Week 12: -2.0
Week 15: -4.8
Week 18: -0.6
Week 21: -0.8
Week 24: +0.4
Week 27: -1.8
Week 30: -0.2
Total: -18.8 pounds

As always, I coulda, shoulda, woulda ate better... but didn't. I'm thrilled, though, that I still fit in my 2 sizes smaller jeans. It's basically a head game. Some day, hopefully, I'll win the game. Which, for me, would include never drinking another soda & not eating chips, doritos & tortilla chips specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...