Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Weight Loss Results Week 27



Three more weeks into the year and I'm still continuing with my journey. I'm certainly not going hard core, but at turtle speed I'm making progress.


I'm going to start my post with this. Why wait 'til the end with such good news?
 My goal since January was to get out of the obese stage. I've finally consistently stayed out of the dreaded orange zone for over a month.

Woo Hoo!


 • FOOD • 
Now that summer's here & I'm not on as strict of a schedule I haven't been eating a salad for lunch as often as I was. But, I do manage to eat one a couple times a week. And, let's be honest, if I ate things comparable to this salad for every meal I wouldn't need to be on this weight loss journey. So obviously, I don't just eat salads.

Confession Time: On Monday I ate an Atkins bar for breakfast, then made nachos for the kids & I at lunch. Unfortunately this is not an exaggeration, but I ate nachos the rest of the day. I left the chips, salsa con queso & elk burger out and snacked on it 'til bed time. They were so yummy, I just couldn't help myself. Of course I should have just put everything away & I wouldn't have had my day long nacho binge. But, I didn't. Both chips & cheese are definitely on my eat-too-much-of list.

A few weeks ago I started logging my food again at My Fitness Pal. It really is such a helpful thing to do. I just hate doing it. I upped my calorie intake to 1430. But then I got a Fitbit & I felt like it awarded me too many calories for my typical activities, so I lowered my calorie intake to 1200 knowing I would get 400+ extra calories from the Fitbit.

This chart shows the amount of calories I logged. The red line is at 1200. Every day, though, I'm allowed more than that because of my activity level. Although, even with the extra calories if I'm over 1800 or so, I've probably not made the best food choices that day.



 • EXERCISE •
The day after my last weight loss post, I got a Fitbit. It's been a fun addition to helping me stay active.

Step Chart from Fitbit
My goal is 10,000 steps & I've been able to get those steps in every day. Some days have been easy to get the steps in, some have not. Running for 45 minutes on the elliptical doesn't even get me half the steps I need in the day.

Because Fitbit syncs with My Fitness Pal, MFP also graphs the steps.

Fitbit shows that even when I'm sleeping I burn 5.4 calories every five minutes. That equals 1555.2 calories burned in one day even if I do nothing but sit at my computer. Adding in my activity, Fitbit says I typically burn 2400 - 2600 calories every day. How accurate the number is I'm not sure, but at least this gives me a range to adjust if I feel that's needed.

Before the Fitbit, I was logging any exercise or activity manually in My Fitness Pal. Now, MFP takes the calories burned info from Fitbit & calculates its own calories burned number. MFP adds this number to my calorie goal for the day. So 1200 calories as my base + typically 400 - 700 calories added for activity = a 1600 - 1900 calorie goal every day.



 • RESULTS •
Weight graph on MFP
Typically I fluctuate day to day. But, for the last 4 days I've stayed exactly the same. I can't complain, though. These days did include the Nacho day & Chinese food for dinner one night.

The only bummer is that twice in the last 3 weeks I was at the 20 pounds lost mark. That is absolutely amazing to me. I almost can't believe it. Unfortunately, one of those days was not today so I can't be all braggy pants. Hopefully, next time.

Weight Loss
Week 1: Starting Weight
Week 3: -5.2
Week 6: -3.4
Week 9:  -0.4
Week 12: -2.0
Week 15: -4.8
Week 18: -0.6
Week 21: -0.8
Week 24: +0.4
Week 27 : -1.8
Total: -18.6 pounds

Of course results aren't only measured by the scale.
My first ever NSV, or Non Scale Victory.
The other night I went to a movie with a friend - I didn't even get a soda or popcorn. That's fall out of your seat amazing. The only reason I spend the money going to a movie is to get the popcorn. This time, though, it was enough just to get out & go with my friend.

But, this did mean I was hungry after the movie. I also hadn't gotten in my 10k steps yet that day. So I parked as far away as I could from Taco Bell. Then walked the nearly 1000 steps, ordered and ate one taco and walked the 1000 steps back to my car. I have gone down one pants size this year & I was wearing the smaller jeans. I had my phone in one back pocket; my wallet in the other. The entire time I was walking I had to continue pulling up my pants. I mean, those babies were just itchin' to leave me pantsless in the parking lot. I was thrilled, yet annoyed.

I have kept one pair of jeans that is the next size smaller. Honestly, the only reason I kept them is because they were still in such good shape I hated to get rid of them. For the first time in years, during that walk, I thought I should at least try to put those jeans on. I came home. Tried on the jeans. And, they fit! I can't even express how ecstatic I was.

So, the next day, which was the 4th of July, I wore those jeans that were 2 sizes smaller than I was wearing just a couple months ago. The hubby snapped my photo while I was walking with Princess K's gymnastics team in a parade - wearing those jeans. It felt good. Later I saw a friend & she mentioned that those jeans looked really good on me & that she could tell I was losing weight. Amazing. The funny thing is, when I look in the mirror, I don't feel any smaller. But, damn it, the pants don't lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...