Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Weight Loss Results Week 24


I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. Once again, I haven't been paying as close attention to my eating habits as I should. Therefore, there's not much change in my results.


 • FOOD •
The first couple months of my weight loss journey I drank Atkins shakes for breakfast. Then, I switched to their bars. Now, some mornings I eat their bars & some mornings I choose "real" food. Lately, I've been on a kick where I eat a mix of cashews, dried coconut & dried strawberries. I haven't even tried to figure out the calories in this mix, but I like it, so I eat it. I'm thinking I should go back to the shakes at least a couple times a week, though, because I was getting the best results when I was drinking those in the morning.

It's been about 2 months since I quit logging my food. Not surprisingly, I haven't lost much weight since then. Starting today I'm going to log my food again. I reset my goals & my daily calorie intake should be around 1430.



 • EXERCISE • 
Once again, most of my exercise has come in the form of yard work. I just don't see results, though. Some how 2/3/4 hours of pulling weeds, moving rock & planting seeds doesn't produce the same results as busting my butt on the elliptical for 45 minutes.


I ran only 5 days this last 3 weeks.



I ran 2 miles on National Running Day.

I walked a colorful 5K with friends & family.


 • RESULTS •
For about the last month and a half I've been fluctuated between the same 2 pounds.


Weight Loss
Week 1: Starting Weight
Week 3: -5.2
Week 6: -3.4
Week 9:  -0.4
Week 12: -2.0
Week 15: -4.8
Week 18: -0.6
Week 21: -0.8
Week 24: +0.4
Total: -16.8 pounds

I have mixed feelings about the 0.4 gain. I've been fluctuating up & down a bit. It just so happens today I'm not on the lower end. I know I haven't been putting in the effort I should, so I don't expect great results. I am happy to be down 16+ pounds, though, and have been keeping it off.

I only wish that since I'm not drinking near the amount of soda I used to that the weight would disappear a little quicker. Hopefully, though, slow & steady wins the race. The pounds didn't come on overnight, so I guess it makes sense that it will take them awhile to go away.

My new goal is to lose a total of 30 pounds. Losing the 16+ pounds encourages me to think I can actually do it. I don't have an exact date in mind. But, it would be nice if it happened sometime between Halloween & Thanksgiving. If I could manage to keep the weight off over the holidays, then I will have lost 30 pounds in 1 year. The thought of that excites me a lot!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...