Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Weight Loss Results - Week 18



 • FOOD & DRINK •
Well, I vowed to do better with my eating habits this 3 weeks than the last... But, I didn't. I ate fast food way too often, drank soda more than I should have & made unhealthy snack choices.

For the first 12 weeks of this journey I drank Atkins Advantage Shakes for breakfast almost every day. I still drink them occasionally. As a matter of fact, I'm drinking one now. But, now I more often have the Atkins bars. Some days I eat the ones labeled as a snack, some days I eat ones labeled as a meal. They've all been pretty good.


 • EXERCISE •
I'm taking on the challenge at Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans to run or walk at least one mile every day in May.

I'm off to a good start.
For me, running on the elliptical is much easier than running outside. So, I'm challenging myself to not run only one mile if it's on the elliptical. I need to go at least 1.5 miles.
All the days so far have been on the elliptical. Twice I ran 5 miles & last night I ran 3 miles. On Friday my exercise came in the form of yard work, which is easily equal to at least a mile of running. And twice I didn't feel like running, so I ran the minimal 1.5 miles.

I have a 10k coming up. I haven't trained for it like I should have. But, I'm still hoping to run it in 1:30. My little bit of training has been running on my elliptical for an hour, going about 5 miles.

I most often run for about 40 minutes on the elliptical & go about 3 miles.

On Easter I took advantage of being in town & having the kids entertained, and went for a 4 mile run. I was happy to have kept the 13 minute/mile pace.

The day after I ran the 4 miles was the Boston Marathon & anniversary of the bombing. The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans challenged us to run 2.62 miles to show our support. My legs were sore from running 4 miles the day before, but I was determined to do that run. So, while Princess K was at gymnastics I ran. And, I ran at a 11:53 min/mile pace!


 • RESULTS •
I'm down 0.6 pounds from 3 weeks ago. Of course I wish it was more, but I can't complain. I haven't been working very hard at eating better. So, I'm quite pleased the number didn't go up.


So, so close. My ultimate goal when I started was to get out of the obese category. I'm teetering right on the edge. A few less french fries & I would have made it.


Weight Loss
Week 1: Starting Weight
Week 3: -5.2
Week 6: -3.4
Week 9:  -0.4
Week 12: -2.0
Week 15: -4.8
Week 18: -0.6
Total: -16.4 pounds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...