Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Grilled Cheese Grill


I have heard only good things about The Grilled Cheese Grill, a food cart downtown.

When I first heard about it I knew it was a place I had to take the kids. Of course they all like grilled cheese sandwiches. But also, my oldest son is intrigued by double decker buses. So, one day when the kids & I were in Portland we ventured there for lunch.


We ordered here.

Our number was Madonna. The kids had no idea who she is/was, but I thought it was fun.

We ate in a double decker bus.

We sat on the top level, of course.

Stairs leading to the top.

The floor on the top level.

The entire bus seemed rather rickety, but that added to the charm.

The kids all wanted a regular ol' grilled cheese. Which, by the way, was good.

I tried the Moon Dog, which had pepperoni & salami between the cheese. It was really good. I see why this place is popular.

The table we sat at was covered in year book photos.

Looking out the window while eating our sandwiches.




Before I had kids, I worked downtown. I never once ate at a food cart. I usually brought my lunch, but when I did eat out it was at well known fast food restaurants. I think I was afraid to eat from a food cart. Silly, I know.

Because of where we live, my kids are very sheltered from city life. They're even sheltered from suburban life. They don't get to head outside to play with the neighbor kids or ride their bikes to the park. I'm not saying it's good or bad. It's just a different way of living.

I don't want my kids to be nervous in the city. I especially don't want them to be afraid to try new things - like eating at a food cart. So, occasionally I try to do things that are out of the ordinary for us just so they can experience it. This was one of those times. And, the experience was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...