Friday, April 4, 2014

New Weight Loss Goals


I completed my original goal of eating better & exercising more for 12 weeks. I said I wanted to lose 15 pounds. Truthfully, I had hoped to lose 17 pounds, which would move me from obese to overweight on the bmi scale.

I didn't even lose the 15 pounds. Bummer. It's not from lack of trying, though. I admit, I get frustrated when I see people that have been at it as long as me, yet have lost 20 or 30 pounds. I'm happy for them, but don't understand why the weight doesn't come off that quickly for me. I averaged 1300 -1350 calories per day, ran on my elliptical 5 days a week & cut out most of the soda I was drinking. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm capable of doing more than that. So, I'm just going to have to be ok with a slow & steady weight loss.

I went to the doctor & he ran a bunch of tests. I'm fit as a fiddle. My cholesterol is fabulous, my sugar count is fine & so is my thyroid. I'm extremely happy/relieved to have those good results. Now, I just have to make sure I stay healthy. I wish I was thin & healthy. But, I'll definitely take healthy.

  

Weight Goal
I'm going to stick with my goal of getting out of the obese category. I've only got a few pounds to go. It was my original goal & I haven't made it yet. So, I'm going to keep that as my goal until I hit it & stay there for a week or two.



Nutrition Goal
In January, I set my goal to lose 2 pounds per week. My Fitness Pal figured out to do that I would need to consume 1200 calories per day. First of all, I could rarely stick to only consuming 1200 calories. Most often my net calories was closer to 1300 or 1400. But, even at the end of those days MFP would tell me I'd weigh XXX in 5 weeks. That number kept me motivated to keep at it, thinking I would eventually be XXX. Guess what, I'm not XXX. What MFP thinks my body should do, my body does not. At least I know that now.

I'm changing my net caloric intake to 1350 per day. That seems more reasonable for me & hopefully I can stick to it instead of always seeing that I went over for the day. MFP says I should lose 1.2 pounds per week with 1350 calories.



Fitness Goal
Back in January my goal was to exercise 3-4 times every week. I did that & usually more. My new goal is 5+ times a week.
The second part of my fitness goal is to continue bettering my per mile time. I would love to get down to a 12 minute mile.
Last year, the first running event I did was The Hippie Chick. I did the quarter marathon, about 6.5 miles. I walked the first 4 miles with a friend, then jogged the last 2.5 miles. That was the longest 2.5 miles ever. My chip time was 1:47, averaging 16:21 per mile.

I'm doing this same event soon. My goal is a finish time of 1:30. That would make me per mile time about 13:45. Seems doable. I'm tired just thinking about it. But, I'm sure I can do it.

I've never really had to lose a significant amount of weight before & it sucks. Nothing about this is fun. Well, except for the fun runs. I do enjoy those. I hate having to pay attention to every little thing I eat & I hate having to log all those little things. I hate feeling guilty when I ate more than I know I should have. But, I have to stick with it. I know if I don't make it a priority, I will fall off the wagon & gain the weight back. I won't let that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...