Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Weight Loss Results - Week 12


At the beginning of the year I committed to 3 months of eating right & exercising regularly. Technically there are 5 more days until the end of the 3 months, but I'm recording my results every 3 weeks & I am now at the 12 week mark. Did I reach my goal of losing 15 pounds?



 • FOOD & DRINK •
For the most part, my food & drink habits are the same as they've been during this entire challenge.
Net calories consumed are the calories I ate minus the calories I burned. My goal is 1200 net calories a day. That's the red line on this graph. Since the beginning I've had an extremely hard time keeping to the 1200 calories. If I stay under 1500 calories, though, I'm happy. The days I've gone over 1500 are days I've gone out to eat and/or had a soda.

We are on Spring Break & went camping over the weekend, so I'm not on my regular routine. That, and the fact that I'm getting burned out with logging all my food & exercise meant I just didn't log anything this entire week. That's why there are no blue bars on those days.

I'm not trying to promote Spark in any way. But, it is a huge part of my weight loss. I've been replacing most of my soda with the 45 calorie, no sugar Spark. I'd love to break my soda habit completely, but I'm still struggling with that. I found a local consultant & ordered 2 canisters from her. It was tons cheaper than ordering it from Amazon. I like all 3 flavors I've tried so far - cherry, watermelon & pink lemonade.



 • EXERCISE •
Exercise is more or less the same, as well. I run on my elliptical machine about 5 times a week.

On the 16th, my hubby ran the 5k Shamrock Run with me. I'm so happy for this freebie photo of us crossing the finish line.



• RESULTS •
The straight line from March 18 - 25 is not because I weighed the same, it's because I didn't log my weight on those days. This graph shows that I went up .4 pounds from last week, but am down 2 pounds from my results 3 weeks ago.


This graph shows not just the last 3 weeks, but my entire journey starting January 1st. As frustrated as I am at this whole process, I am extremely happy the line is going down. It is going down slower than I would like, but at least I'm losing some weight.


Weight Loss
Week 1: Starting Weight
Week 3: -5.2
Week 6: -3.4
Week 9:  -.4
Week 12: -2
Total: -11 pounds


These were the goals I set for myself at the beginning of this journey & how I've been doing so far.
Short Term Goals:
• Lose 5 pounds each month for three months, for a total of 15 pounds. [I didn't make it. But, not from lack of trying. I truly didn't know how hard this was going to be... Or, maybe I did, which is why I never tried so hard before.]
• Make soda a rare treat, not an everyday drink. [This is still a challenge for me, but I'm doing ok with it.]
• Run 3-4 times every week [I'm happy to say that I'm still doing this.]
• Work up to doing 5 push ups.


I don't have any revolutionary thoughts from the last 12 weeks. I'm bummed I didn't make my goal of losing 15 pounds, but I'm happy about the 11 pounds lost. I weigh more than I should, but it's less than I've weighed in the last 2 years. So, I can't really complain. I'm headed in the right direction.

Now I need to regroup & come up with new goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...