Friday, January 17, 2014

Winter Photo Booth



A couple years ago I put together a photo booth for our Christmas Eve celebration. It was time to do it again. They are just plain fun. It doesn't need to be fancy, just throw together things you already have around the house.

The beginnings of how this backdrop came about.
The kids made snowflakes one day & I needed a place to hang them.

On one wall I have a piece of cork painted & hung on the wall for the kids art. This was the perfect spot to make a photo booth.

I took down the kids art & used thumbtacks to hang strands of white & blue Christmas lights. Over the lights I tacked up a white sheet.

To hang the snowflakes I first taped a few on a string. Then, I taped the strings of snowflakes to the ceiling.

That's it. I didn't have to buy a thing & it didn't take long to put together.

Now you just have to convince people to take a pic in the photo booth.

The props vary, but were all made from things I already had. The Santa hats were in my Christmas stash, the glasses & moustaches I made from craft foam the last time I put a photo booth together & the snowman hat was repurposed from this Halloween's Mad Hatter costume.

The hubby & I

Mostly the photo booth is plain craziness.

Rudolph, using horns from the elk my husband got this fall.

You can always add more snow.

And more crazy.

Or, if crazy is not your thing, you can always go for a nice black & white photo.

I even used the backdrop to take pics of non-moving objects like my son's violin.

A few of our feathered friends even got in on the photo booth action.

Happy Winter Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...