Thursday, January 23, 2014

Missing Pencils



Pencils! How can pencils just up & disappear? I'm not sure how it happens, but I constantly sharpen new pencils & the next thing I know I go to grab a pencil & they're isn't one. I know the kids take them when they go off to do their independent school work. But, why don't the pencils come back with their school work? Or if they aren't going to come back, why don't I find newly sharpened pencils throughout my house? It really is like they disappear. Kind of like the match to your favorite sock. So annoying!

I sharpened 7 new pencils. Not an hour later, I got my camera to take a pic & already one was missing. I bet it hasn't returned.

Somebody once told me the trick to not losing nerf darts was to not have very many. Kids will keep good track of them if they don't have many to play with. Maybe I need to try that with pencils.

Anybody else have disappearing pencils?

2 comments:

  1. We have disappearing scissors, too, which is even more disturbing, if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, and like Phyllis we also have disappearing scissors. Actually it seems like most school supplies disappear regularly. I think we have a bogart.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...