Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas Eve Dinner



Typically Christmas Eve is spent at our house with my parents & my sister & her family. Usually we play a game, open presents & eat a smorgasbord of food. My mom usually makes a traditional Christmas meal the next day, so I opt for less formal at my house. Here's what was new this year & all delicious.


Fruit cups
I used leftover plastic wine cups from a party years ago. The kids loved these.

Pineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
So Good!

A week or two before Christmas, Capt. N & I were watching the Pioneer Woman. She was making pineapple & shrimp wrapped bacon with a teriyaki glaze. We both decided we needed to add that to this year's Christmas Eve feast.

Behind the skewers are Chicken Wonton Tacos. Oh man! So, so good. These were definitely my favorite from the evening. I didn't follow this recipe exactly, but it is what I started with.


This has to be one of my favorite Christmas Eve meals. There's a good chance all of it will make an appearance again next Christmas.

How about you? Did you try anything new this year?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness. I pinned all of the recipes to try. What are in the fruit cups?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fruit cups have a couple cuties segments at the bottom, then a couple grapes, raspberries, blueberries, maraschino cherry & a half a pirouette wafer for garnish. I don't typically buy raspberries & blueberries from the store because they are so expensive for not many berries & we devour them in a matter of seconds. But in this case, a couple berries were perfect in each cup. They were delicious & simple to put together.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...