Friday, January 10, 2014

Celebrating Christmas


I love the holiday season. It's nice to see those people we should see more often. I like that my kids  do things for others - although, they should do it more often all year round. Everywhere is beautiful with all the lights & decorations. Even though it's an extremely busy time of year, it's still a (mostly) happy time. Here's some of what kept us so busy.

One of the first things we did this season was pack our shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. I had each of my 3 kids put together a box.

Some of the things that went in the boxes. Each year the items change. But, I always include a pencil pouch & fill it with pens & pencils. Then also send a pencil sharpener, erasers & paper.

Mr. T took part in his first violin performance. They did fabulous!

We rode on a float through town with our cub scout pack during a light parade.

Princess K made a card for her gymnastics coach.

I made cookies.
I didn't bake near as many as usual or give them to near as many people, but I did manage to make a few different kinds.

Princess K & I brought my grandpa a box of homemade cookies & she made this penguin picture for him.

My other grandpa got a new tablet, so my hubby & kids are showing him how to play Angry Birds.

We went to a little place that has holiday wood cut outs & lights. I remember going there as a kid.

The kids were in the Christmas play at church.

Mr. T even got to play his violin during one song during the play.

They also played bells before the Christmas play began.

My daughter & niece wanted to take this silly pic of me on Christmas Eve. It seems like a fitting finish to this Christmas post.

I'm kind of sad it's over. I felt too busy to fully enjoy each event when it was happening. I need to work on that next year.

For those that celebrate, I hope you had a great Christmas season.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...