Thursday, February 21, 2013

Great Backyard Bird Count 2013

This past weekend was the Great Backyard Bird Count. It is a Citizen Science project where you count birds then submit what you saw.

The weather was mostly cooperative for the bird count. We had a little sun...

... but, also a bunch of fog & only a little rain.
We were able to get out a number of times over the weekend to search for birds.

Mr. T brought along my old camera on our walks.

Here are a few of Mr. T's pics:





Princess K & the dog also went along sometimes.

Princess K found a bird & is pointing it out to me.

My favorite photo of the weekend is this one of a gray jay sticking out his tongue while eating suet.

Lately, I've been having a good time checking out the birds around our house. To date, I've snapped pics of 39 different species that have come to visit. Check out my other blog to see pics of all 39.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...