Friday, December 28, 2012

Verbs at the Zoo

Any time we can throw learning in at the zoo is a hit in my family. This particular week we were studying verbs. I made two small books for the boys to take with us to the zoo & their job was to fill their book with as many different kinds of verbs as they could find. They did a great job & found verbs such as sitting, sleeping, waddling, relaxing, coiling, crawling, eating & flying.

The book is simple. I designed the cover & printed them 2up on a sheet of light green cardstock. Then cut sheets of plain paper in half, making them 8.5 x 5.5. Next I folded the cover & 5 sheets of the now cut paper in half. The pages are put together like a book, then stapled.


A few examples of verbs the kids wrote in their books & my pics to go with them: 









I'm sharing this post with the Hearts for Home Blog Hop.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the idea of focusing on observing verbs in action. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...