Monday, August 6, 2012

2012-13 Curriculum

We officially started school last Monday. This is our second year homeschooling & the biggest change for this year is the addition of also schooling Mr. T, my 6 year old.

For the most part this is the curriculum we will be using this year:

 •  •  •    •  •    1st Grade   •  •  •    •  • 
Mr. T

 READING:

SPELLING:
 All About Spelling, Levels 1 & 2

 WRITING:
 Evan Moor

 MATH:
 Saxon, Math 2




•  •  •    •  •     4th Grade   •  •  •    •  • 
Capt. N

 READING:
&
We use these three books along with the Reading A-Z curriculum.
Capt. N will also be reading a variety of chapter books throughout the year.

SPELLING:

WRITING:
 Evan Moor

 MATH:
 Saxon, Math 5/4

TYPING:
Mavis Beacon



Combined Grades for Social Studies & Science
Mr. T & Capt. N will be studying these subjects together. We will be covering a variety of topics. I'm not following a boxed curriculum, but picking & choosing from various sources. Here's some of what we'll be doing:
American History
Our 50 States
Human Body



Art, Music & PE
I don't have set curriculum for these subjects.

I add art into every subject we're studying.

Last year Capt. N wanted to play piano, so he took lessons at the school. I don't know if he will be continuing it this year. Mr. T would like to play the fiddle, so I need to get him signed up.

I don't have structured PE. But, Capt. N does taekwondo twice a week. Mr. T will be starting soccer soon. I'm hoping to join a homeschool PE group that meets once a week. Outside of these activities, my kids are quite active in their every day life. They spend a lot of time outside playing. They also play various games with scouts & church. By far, they are more active than me. If anyone needs structured PE, it's me.



I'm excited to see what everybody's doing at & I'm linking to
Not Back to School Blog Hop


2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the not back to school blog hop. Just wishing you a great year!
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some great choices!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...