Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Huckleberry Finn

I'm still trying to play catch up on a few activities from the last school year. It's long overdue, but here's a short post on our Huck Finn unit.

Capt. N read this abridged version of Huckleberry Finn. I thought he would really enjoy the adventures in this story, but he only thought the book was ok.

Instead of a lapbook, I purchased a unit study from CurrClick. It had a fun newspaper theme. So, I turned the back of a door into a gigantic newspaper. Capt. N had to write things like an editorial, travel info and a comic. 

We also added a map of the Mississippi River from the Scholastic book Interactive 3D Maps.

Capt. N wanted to build a raft like Huck's. I know he was hoping to build one that he could sit on, but this small one he made will have to do for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...