Monday, July 30, 2012

First Day of School

Today was the first day of school for the 2012/13 school year. This is over 6 weeks earlier than the public schools start around here. But, I'm hoping to make our Christmas & Spring breaks slightly longer & to be finished by Memorial Day.

To be honest, I could have used a few more weeks of summer break. But, I really wanted to start this week. So start, we did. The biggest change this year is that I will also be homeschooling my middle child. Although it will give me more work than last year, I'm excited that Capt. N will have a school mate. They will be doing a few things together, as well as their own reading, math, etc. I'm also hoping to include Princess K in our morning meeting/circle time.

My awesome white board artwork welcoming the kids to their first day.

Half the fun of the first day is getting new school supplies, so I set each of the kids up with a pencil box filled with goodies. The nice thing was we were able to reuse Mr. T's box from last year & Princess K had an empty box laying around, so I only had to buy one new box.

Thanks to pinterest I could quickly put together a fun welcome goodie. My owls are a quick version of the ones I saw at Teach With Me.

When I introduced their new reading program I gave them each a new bookmark I made thanks to pinterest & Come Together Kids. As many kids are, my kids are collectors. So, I gave them each an envelope to decorate that will hold the bookmarks they collect throughout the year.


Here we go on our 2nd year of homeschooling adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...