Saturday, April 14, 2012

Your Children Want You

I struggle with whether I do enough for my kids. Some days I feel like I do so much for them that it's almost ridiculous & some days I have major guilt that I'm not doing enough. I recently read this post titled Your Children Want You. It's a great reminder that even though social media is putting out there all these fabulous things to do with or for your kids, it doesn't mean that's what you need to be doing. Your kids just want to be with you. Duh! I need to tape these words up somewhere to remind me of that. It's exactly part of my own problem. I spend so much time trying to figure out what I'm going to do with my kids that I'm losing precious time actually spent with them. It's something I need to work on balancing a little better.




Random Quotes from my kids:

While at a friends house, Mr. T was asked who he thought was the prettiest girl. He answered, "My mom." He really does love me a lot. I wasn't even there to hear it, he said it because he meant it.

Princess K wants to paint a picture - which is great, but it's almost bedtime. So, I told her she could make a picture with crayons & that it was too late to get out the paints. She hollers, "I HATE that I can't make a picture with paints," pouts & puts her head down. I'm glad she's letting me know how she feels, but does she have to be so dramatic?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...