Friday, April 13, 2012

The Art of the Brick

I'm always looking for a good excuse to take the kids on a field trip. I just heard that OMSI, our some-what-local science center, is showcasing a traveling lego exhibit right now. So, we went to check it out.

The exhibit is called The Art of the Brick and shows off many lego sculptures created by Nathan Sawaya. Check out his website here. Can you imagine having this job? This must be every lego-crazed kid's dream.

The kids & I all loved this one.

Mt. Rushmore

Pop up Storybook



This artist likes having things coming out of something else. There were a few sculptures like that. I especially like this one. Although, I'm not sure why having lego's coming out of your chest is so appealing. But, I do really like it.

Creepy? or cool?






Solar System

I appreciated his comment on this piece.

A little info on the artist.

Although, I liked many this is probably my favorite.


Of course when we got home the kids played with their lego's.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...