Monday, March 19, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Activities

I wasn't prepared this year with St. Patty's activities, but with the help of Pinterest, I was still able to quickly throw a few things together.

Fruit Rainbow
Capt. N had a friend over on Friday & I made this to go along with their pizza for lunch. My version isn't near as cute as the one on Pinterest, but the kid's still loved it. They even asked if I would make it again. So, of course I will someday.


Glow in the Dark Slime
My favorite thing about this project was that I already had all the supplies. I got the recipe from Domestic Charm.
This is a fun science project. At first the concoction is just watered down colored glue. Then presto-chango once the borax is added it turns into a soft, flexible solid. This pic is the finished product and doesn't show off the ooey-gooey goodness during the making of the slime. I'm sure that part of the process was the boy's favorite. It's really ooey, gooey & slimey at that point.


Scavenger Hunt
I printed this scavenger hunt from Wray Sisters. I made up this scene and left it for the kids to find. It starts out by saying that a sneaky leprechaun snuck in the house and scattered a rainbow. Once the rainbow is pieced together you figure out the clue to treasure.
One clue led the kid's here.
Finally, they found all the clues & figured out the treasure was in the closet.
The treasure!
I didn't add much to the bags, but it's always fun to find treasure. I printed the tags from The Crafting Chicks. I also added gum, a chocolate coin, a couple small toys and a bookmark from Jan Brett.


Parade
A town nearby always has a St. Patrick's Day parade. I think I enjoy parade's as much as the kids do. I love all the excitement and the colors and sounds & they always seem to make you proud to be an American.


Lucky Charms & Green Milk
For some silly reason I didn't take a pic, but the kid's had Lucky Charms and milk colored green for breakfast.



Riverdance
Capt. N & I watched a few You Tube videos of Irish Step Dancing. I love, love, love it. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...