Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Week 10

 Pics from the Week:

Since I'm 99% positive I will be homeschooling next year I decided to buy a larger white board & bulletin board. I figured I could make do with what I had for the one year, but for the long haul I'd like something bigger. I love them already.


GRAMMAR
We did a quick lesson on verbs this week & he made this pull-out.


READING
We finished reading Farmer Boy this week, so he also finished putting together the lapbook.
  

VISION
Last week as part of his vision exercises Capt. N had to wear red & green glasses while reading. And, to really get his eyes to work together he had to lay the green & red striped acetate over the text. If his left eye was slacking he wouldn't be able to read any of the words under the green acetate, since the eye glass lens was also green. It would appear as a black solid line. Then the last part of this exercise was to also use the flippers & flip after each paragraph.
He struggled with this exercise. But, he did it.

He had the same exercise this week. But, after we finished Farmer Boy I had him read Amelia Bedelia Talks Turkey. This was so much better. I don't know what I was thinking last week. The font in this story was larger and there was more spacing between the lines. That helped tremendously.


READING
We also started reading this Magic Tree House book.
  

SCIENCE
We discussed what various animals do to survive the winter. I'm fairly certain these mini books came from Homeschool Share.


ART
We made such a fun group collage using Eric Carle's style of paint on tissue paper. You can read more about it here.


OUTING
Capt. N loves legos. So we spent an afternoon at the Children's Museum oohing and aahing over their lego exhibit. They had some impressive creations. Capt. N would have sat there all day building if I would have let him.



WEATHER
We had our first snow of the season this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...